White Paper — Siemens 2.3 MW Turbine Pilot Optimisation Project
Reoptimize Systems recently published a white paper on our April 2021 Siemens 2.3 MW Turbine pilot optimisation project — in which optimised control settings were installed on a commercial turbine.
Top-line results of this pilot project include:
- 1% AEP uplift — with potential for up to 4% uplift in future
- Average tower loads reduction of 25%
- Elimination of harmful resonance at 13.5 RPM
- Elimination of severe rotor speed oscillations above 8.5 m/s wind speed (RPM
variation reduced by 76%)
- Reduction in gearbox stress
- Reduction in unscheduled shutdowns with causes such as overspeed and
Following successful optimization of the pilot Siemens 2.3MW turbine, REOptimize is ready to roll out the technology across the entire fleet. It is possible to immediately optimize models SWT-2.3-93, SWT-2.3-101 and STW-2.3-82 VS. We are also able to optimize models SWT-2.3-108 and SWT-2.3-113 with a small amount of adjustment to our existing models.
Due to the limited variable speed of the Siemens-2.3-82 CS it will not yield the same
significant increases in AEP.